Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment
Stage 2 has begun on the Campbelltown Hospital Redevelopment. This NSW Government-funded project will provide major infrastructure to Sydney's West.
Stage 1 spent $134 million to create a multi-storey acute services building, new inpatient wards and the Macarthur Clinical School which opened in 2017.
The next stage of the redevelopment is more ambitious with $424 million going towards:
- A 12-storey clinical services building with modern wards and patient facilities
- A bigger emergency department
- Women’s health services
- Increased access to cancer, outpatient and ambulatory care services
- New operating theatres
- New intensive care unit
- New nuclear medicine and dental services
- Modern mental health units
The Campbelltown Hospital is much needed with the population boom in Sydney's west set to rise from 2 million to 3 million in the next 20 years. Construction has now commenced and is expected to be completed by mid-2023.
For more information, head over to http://www.campbelltownredevelopment.health.nsw.gov.au/