It is that time of year when the ghouls and ghosts come out to play and in the spirit of Halloween we have some activities for both young and old to enjoy.
Halloween colouring fun
We have created a Halloween colouring book that you can also use to decorate your home in the DIY crafting spirit of the day. We would also love for you to share your artistic talents on the community Facebook page HERE and feel free to use the #HalloweenatAVJ
Click the colouring book cover below to download a copy - Print it out and start colouring.
Trick or Treat Etiquette
- Halloween is not compulsory. If you don't like it, and you don’t want to participate that’ okay. Post a friendly note on the door letting people know not to knock.
- Download a 'YES! to trick or treat' or a 'SORRY!' poster HERE and clearly post a sign on your door or window.
- Please respect those houses not participating and please remember your manners.
- Wear gloves and mask while handing out any lollies, and follow safe mask and food handling advice (e.g. wash your hand regularly, don’t touch your face)
- Only buy bags of individually wrapped lollies and do not open the bag before Halloween
- Don’t allow kids to grab lollies, instead put them in the bag for them with gloves or clean tongs
- Alternatively leave a bowl out with packets of lollies. Wipe down the bowl and add ten more pieces every hour or as needed. This is a great no contact solution and also stops kids from taking the whole bowl! You might want to have a sign stating “We are home but due to COVID-19, we are distancing. Please take one, Happy Halloween."