Friday 04 November 2022
Lyndarum North, Wollert, VIC.
Where to cool down this summer.
WHERE TO COOL DOWN THIS SUMMER
If you're looking for a new place to cool down this summer, we've got some great recommendations.
- Whittlesea Swim Centre is an outdoor pool complex located 22-minutes by car from Lyndarum North. Catering for people of all ages and abilities the centre includes a 25m main pool, learner’s pool, toddler pool, splash pad and waterslide. Open from 9am – 6pm daily, this is a fun summer outing for the whole family!
- Funfields Whittlesea is Victoria’s biggest theme park and is just a 21-minute drive from Lyndarum North! Funfields is open for the summer, featuring rides including Dragon’s Revenge Swing, Mystic Kingdom, Pegasus Sky Bounce, Mystic Tree, Amazonia Water Play and many more!
- Laughing Waters Swimming Hole located in Eltham is an easy drive from Lyndarum North. It’s the perfect place to cool off, surrounded by nature. You can lie on the banks of the Yarra or drift gently downstream with your favourite inflatable toy. You’ll find people lounging amongst the rock pools and enjoying the mini rapids.
- Pound Bend Tunnel is just over a 30-minute drive from Lyndarum North and is a great spot for a picnic and cool down in Warrandyte. It’s a freshwater swimming area with naturally occurring rapids and a spa. There are also shallow pools nearby if you want a more relaxing experience.
- Blue Lake is set in a small area of bushland separate from the rest of Plenty Gorge State Park and is only a 20-minute drive from Lyndarum North. It’s tranquil and secluded given its proximity to Melbourne’s suburbs, with a BBQ area and toilets available on-site, making it the ideal location for a picnic with friends or family. There’s also a 2km-walking track around the lake for those wanting to explore the space further.
- Williamstown Beach is about a 45-minute drive from Lyndarum North, for those who prefer the beach over nature walks. If you don’t have a car, Williamstown Beach train station is located a mere 500m from the shore. Peace of mind is guaranteed with lifesavers patrolling the beach ensuring the safety of all swimmers.
- Finally, if you’re in the mood for a day trip, Torquay and Anglesea are both great options for a cool down. Both have amazing beaches that stretch far and wide and are fantastic for surfing. This area has a small-town feel that’s relaxed and welcoming.
And always remember to Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide!