Lyndarum North, Wollert, VIC.
Visiting display homes is such an exciting time in your home building journey, but it can also be a little overwhelming. Here are our 6 top tips to ensure you get the most out of your visit.
1. Jump online
Before you jump in the car, make sure you’ve done a bit of research before heading to the display home. Explore the builder’s social media pages, have a flick through some images on their website and look up some reviews. This can help to ensure you already like what you see before turning up in person.
2. Bring the right resources
There are a couple of items that are essential for getting the most out of your display home visits.
- Your phone: we’re pretty sure you’ll have this handy anyway, but make sure you bring along your phone so you can take photos of any details or features you want to remember.
- A pen and notepad: you may want to take notes when talking with the sales consultant so you don’t forget any important details.
- Measuring tape: this one might not be essential, but you may like to measure room sizes, fridge space or even the length of the kitchen bench!
- A bag: you will need this for the brochures and builder books you collect along the way.
Write a list of your wants and needs
Before your visit, write down a list of everything you need in your new home. It may be a certain number of bedrooms or bathrooms, a study for working from home, or a versatile spare room for when guests come to stay. These are the items that are non-negotiable and entirely essential for your new home.
Also write a list of things you want in your home. Perhaps it’s a butler’s pantry because you love to entertain, some walk-in linen closets and wardrobes for maximised storage or a theatre room to take family movie nights to the next level. These are the items that you ideally would love to have in your home – if they fit within your budget – but aren’t completely essential.
Take these lists with you to discuss with the builder’s sales consultant.
Ask lots of questions
Perhaps one of the best tips we can provide, is to ask as many questions as you can when visiting displays. This is your opportunity to gather as much information as possible so you can make confident and informed decisions about building your new home.
Here are some questions you may like to ask:
- How much would the display home cost, as displayed?
- What features come as standard inclusions?
- What features are not included and how much extra do they cost?
- Can I select colours, finishes and materials to personalise my home?
- Do you offer design flexibility?
- Can I make changes to the floorplan or layout?
- Can I request the addition of power points etc? If so, how much extra will this cost?
Pay close attention to inclusions
As you walk throughout the display home, pay close attention to what features come as a standard, and what features are added extras. Optional upgrades are often labelled throughout the display.
Take your time
Finally, don’t rush your experience. Choosing a home and a builder to bring that home to life is a huge decision. Take your time, paying close attention to how you feel within in the home, and the customer service you experienced. It’s important that you feel informed, confident and comfortable before making a commitment.
Lyndarum North have partnered with some of Australia's leading builders to create an incredible display village. Featuring contemporary home designs from renowned builders including Burbank, Simonds, Arden, Dennis Family Homes and more, you'll be spoilt for choice when choosing your dream home at Lyndarum North.